...sleep deprivation, kit cars, music, and friends...

kit cars...I threatened earlier to share with you the kit car I've been following the progress of for the last few years. The company is nearing completion of the kit, and has released near-production pictures of the prototype car. Well there it is. Beautiful isn't it? It's interesting how we can attribute beauty and grace to a machine, essentially a collection of parts made to serve some purpose. At any rate, read more [HERE] if you're so inclined.


...As the title mentions, I haven't had sleep in quite some time. Pretty normal for me, my "operating hours" wander wildly from day to day. Insomnia is a pretty common problem, so nothing really earth-shattering or ground-breaking here. Even habitually gloomy me has to admit that there's a certain magical quality in greeting the dawn however; watching the first rays of light glisten in the dew, and all that sort've nature stuff. First hit on the 2nd page of Google re: "Sleep Deprivation" [HERE], and thusly your random link of the day needs have been fulfilled.

...This time around, I'm rather enjoying the following music:
  • Seether & Amy Lee ~ Broken
  • VNV Nation ~ Industrial Love (Silicon Version)
  • Blackmore's Night ~ Self Portrait
  • Steve Vai ~ Firewall
  • and Metallica S&M ~ The Ecstacy of Gold

...I have a friend performing a hand-fasting today (her blog is over there ->). I'm not sure if it's "proper protocol" to wish good luck for such things, or if that's the equivalent of wishing someone's totemic creature is a buzzard, just like their mother-in-law. All that aside, I'm sure things will go swimmingly. Hah! Puntastic.

...Other than that, the wonderful person sleeping in my bed most days is making me breakfast even as I type this (DAMN she rocks), so go entertain yourselves with something else for awhile. :-P